Quality time with the Spousal Unit... don't blink!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

First a Disclaimer

Well, before I even begin to write, I need to make something very clear to all who read this:

I in no way intend to bash, embarass, or otherwise offend anyone by writing this little blog.

I have many friends whose husbands smoke cigars, play poker, golf all day and drink all night, are addicted to NFL games, gamble, visit boobie bars, cheat, and otherwise engage in relatively unhealthy habits. My husband could do a LOT worse as far as his choices of hobbies go.

Let's see: the only thing smoking is the rubber on his tires....the only thing he plays is Chris Carmichael training videos, the only thing he does all day is ride his bike and the only thing he does all night is read biking blogs, the only sporting events on TV that he's addicted to involve a bunch of guys riding bikes over hills for 2 hours, and the only places he visits are area races.

And he's in shape.

I can't say that for my poker playing, whiskey drinking, cigar smoking neighbors. So it isnt all bad.

When he leaves for the day I know where he is going. And when he comes home, I know where he's been. You can't fake road rash.

I know he's cheating, though...with the dual wheeled mistress.

But that's ok, because I know she'll be replaced in a short time.

I, on the other hand, am here to stay. :)

So, with all that said, please take these postings with a grain of salt. I am writing out of total love, with a bit of teasing.

Again, I'm not out to bash, put down, or begin a spousal uprising. :)

I am going to remain anonymous, as I have married a very modest and humble man, so my request to anyone out there who may figure out who I am, please keep it to yourself. I don't want the husband to start feeling self-concious or uncomfortable at biking events. That is not my intention at all.

And I appreciate your support in that matter. :)

Ok, so now that THAT is out of the way, let the blogging begin.

I'd start my first commentary now, however, I cannot. My spouse ( I really need to find an name for him for this blog...) is at a race, and I am home with his spawn...one who is sick, and one who is trying to make his own breakfast. I better post this and get to the kitchen before the dog winds up wearing Rice Krispies.

I'll add the bells and whistles to this blog when everyone is taken care of here at the homestead.

Good luck riding this weekend men..and women -

Sister Widows: FYI : TJMaxx's grand opening is this weekend in Gainesville, and Kohl's Grand Re-Opening is this weekend as well.....can you say, "retail therapy"?

Peace out,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As the wife of an avid cyclist and bicycle store owner... I feel your pain. :) I have enjoyed your comments so far and look forward to your future entries. Advice... open a shop, it makes the addiction MUCH less expensive!

The Bike Widow said...

Sarah,
I feel like we could open a shop...out of our garage! LOL

Thank you for your words of support... keep visiting!

Kyle Jones said...

I have to say your husband staying in some anonymity is a luxury. It really is not that bad because we all have been through the same struggles thats why your blog will be such a hit. My wife is loving your blog and will do her best to embarrass me with similar stories in your comments page. It takes a lot to embarrass me as you probably could tell through my entries, perverse as it is. You should get a sitemeter on your blog, because it will be pretty hot I am sure. If you need help with that you know who to ask. And if your husband needs a shoulder to cry on I am here for him.

Also Sarah's husband made me buy the trainer amy so lovingly wrote about on my site. Amy gave me the ok and I am sure sarah could vouch for that.

The Bike Widow said...

Kyle,

I will do my best to honestly relay my experiences with Husband. I think you and I are a lot alike in that we don't embarass easily. And, I have no problem saying anything...especially stuff that everyone else is THINKING and just too embarassed to say. LOL

Thanks for the support...
It is nice to know that you want to "help" Husband if and when he would need a shoulder to cry on. So, if you see a guy coming towards you with open arms at a race some day in tears, you'll know who it is.

Don't feel bad for the man...he's actually getting as much of a kick out of this blog as you all are....